Information systems are computerized systems designed to serve the employees and officials of the university with the aim of giving the university the maximum benefit from using computers and help systems to provide, update, analyze and store information and data that helps the university administration to take appropriate decisions.
The Center for Information Systems at the Arab League is supervised by the director of the center and assists in its duties: a supervisor for technical support for user services, a supervisor for data management, and a supervisor for development and maintenance.
Tasks of the information system:
- Ensure the provision of a completed information system that helps to quickly save, operate and retrieve information and provide the necessary data for the university administration for the purpose of follow-up, evaluation and decision-making.
- Following up the operation of the applied systems, assessing their efficiency, analyzing the needs of the departments that use these systems and developing plans for securing these needs.
- Analyzing operating problems of the used systems , developing radical solutions to prevent their recurrence, presenting them to the rector, and supervising their achievements.
- Following up the efficiency of computers, information network, and printing devices, and checking their suitability to the needs of users.
- Follow-up to fix faults as soon as possible and work to reduce them to a minimum.
- To supervise the providing the necessary technical support to the departments that use the system, and to ensure that the required that the required direction is provided to ensure the safety of operation.
- Determine the system’s needs of devices and supplies and follow up their provision.
- Securing information stored in the system and ensuring its safety, and verifying its efficiency.
- To supervise the designing and testing of the appropriate method to keep the confidentiality of information according to the areas of users' activity, and following up its implementation.
For communication, you can send your messages to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org